My Last post!


                                                        





 Hello lovelies,

It's been a while since I put my fingers on the keyboard to write a blog. I know, I have missed it too, but life has been hectic and I have more pressing priorities that have taken precedence and have taken away my ability to write a post. But I'm back to writing you my last post.

 I'm sure a lot of people already think I've abandoned my blog. But, after a long hiatus, I've decided to write my last post to you and bid you adieu.

When I turned 40, I was excited to write about life in my 40s and my thoughts on this new decade. Alas, my life has changed drastically since the beginning of the year. Therefore, this blog is not a final goodbye to blog writing but a final goodbye to the life I thought I was going to have and an intro to the new life I am stepping into.

Well I am sure, you are all wondering what I am talking about. I am going to keep it under wraps for a little bit longer. Because I do not want to speak prematurely about my next phase in life.  I have learnt over the years that until you are fully immersed in a situation you are not an expert but an amateur. Until I am ready to speak on things and gained my expert skills I will keep it under wraps. For now, it is a major change in my life. My final blog as the old me, will offer a few tips I have observed as you prepare for major changes in life.   




1. Always trust God's Timing: I have to be honest, I am patiently impatient. I don't know if you understand what I mean. Let me explain, I can give a long rope but my rope is not as long as it should be. Once it doesn't meet my timeline I become impatient. Once I am impatient I try to take matters into my own hands and it turns into a disaster. But now I look back and I am grateful that God had me wait because during the wait He prepared me in ways that have made me ready for this new journey. Don't get me wrong, going through it wasn't easy and I did whinge quite a bit. But now I look back and it was the best thing. If things had happened earlier I would not be ready for it and I would have lost this new opportunity.


                                            






2. Be Open and throw your list away: There is a saying or should I say a cliche, "Tell God your plans and watch Him laugh". I am your list girl, the eternal idealist, living in a utopian paradise. I have an idea of what I want and how things are going to turn out or show up.  Anyone close to me will tell you I have a list of requirements for every situation in my life. Some will say that is knowing what you want but the truth of the matter is I am a control freak. By constantly trying to control the outcome of a situation, I've either missed out on blessings or been disappointed thoroughly when things don't go as planned. But, thank God for, using people and situations to humble me. I've had to stay open. I know God will never send me anything that is meant to destroy me. Sometimes the best things come packaged how you least expect it. I've heard it being said. "Ask God for a cake and He will give you the ingredients to bake a cake". Quick example, the job I have now, initially did not come as attractive when it was presented to me. But from promptings from loved ones, I ended up taking it. Once I accepted the offer, it turned out to be exactly what I had prayed for and more. Basically, the ugly duckling turns into a swan. Be open to new opportunities but use discernment and wisdom. 

                                                    



3. Believe that God will answer even your stupid prayers: I stumbled upon religious teacher, Jackie Hill Perry's social media post. Oddly enough, I don't follow her but this particular post showed up on my Instagram timeline. She was letting her followers know that God answers our stupid prayers. She shares a story about her broken seat belt. She said a quick prayer to God to deal with the seat belt. Immediately the seat belt worked. I am telling you when you think God doesn't listen He shows up. The things you desire, the things you truly want, believe that God will answer. When I turned 40, I made a promise to myself that I would improve my wardrobe. Start dressing like a classy rich auntie. I remember sharing my promise to my mom and my friend. Fast forward to this year, God brought someone into my life that decimated my clothing choices. This individual told me I needed to dress more classy and like a rich auntie. (not using the exact words but you catch my drift). My feelings were hurt at the time when the person was tearing into my wardrobe. But, the person helped me choose something more suitable. In the end, I was grateful for the choice. A few weeks later, it dawned on me that  I made a promise to myself to dress better and God sent me someone to hold me accountable to that promise. From then on I make a conscious effort when shopping for new clothes and dressing up. My point is, God will answer the stupid prayers you utter. Even if they are in the form of promises to yourself, if it aligns with His will. Even with this new chapter, I am seeing how God answered prayers or even statements I made or the silent desires of my heart which have come to pass.


                                              



4. Prepare: We are all waiting for something. We will all visit the waiting room of life. Whilst we wait we must make use of our time.  Even in waiting rooms, there is either a tv, magazines or a kids' play area. Sometimes we take a book along or our laptop to preoccupy our time. Sometimes we will play on our phones to pass away the time. Once we are distracted or busy, the time passes and in no time our name is called to be attended to. It is the same with life. If you are in a waiting period, don't be so focused on what you are waiting for. Preoccupy your time. Learn a new skill, travel, go back to school, lose weight, and do something meaningful with your time. Go to therapy, and grow your spiritual life, serve others, celebrate others. Keep yourself busy and distracted. A friend once told me that, God will disrupt your life when you are busy, to give you what you desire. I would say when your focus is on something else, you don't even realize you are next in line. I won't say when you least expect it it will happen. Because I think it is not true. I  believe you should be expectant but preoccupied. As you prepare for your desires, you might be busy with other things that come your way, but always leave space for what you are waiting for.  It is easy to say,  I've waited so long now that it is here I am too busy to take it. No, even if you are busy with other things, be ready to receive it because this might be a once in life opportunity thing. God will always make a way for you to balance it.


                                          


5. Keep Praying, Trusting and Believing: Never give up hope, keep praying, keep trusting and believing.  If we all knew the plans heaven had for us we wouldn't be freaking out about the time. You are never too old, too young not qualified to receive what God has in store for you. We allow time, age, qualifications and society to determine whether it is too late. It is only too late when you are 6 feet under. As long as God keeps giving you breath, God will answer your prayer if it is His will. And if it is not God's will for you, trust me He will give you exactly what you need. What we have to understand is, our definition of need includes only what we determine as anything that allows us to survive or complete our purpose. God's definition of need is exceedingly more than we can think of and ask for. That includes our wants, needs and much more than we can think or imagine. Just imagine, you ask God to please bless you with a place to stay.  You don't mind if it is a studio apartment that you can rent. But God's will for you might be a 5 bedroom two storey home, with a swimming pool and a nice electric car parked in front. Although you needed a place to stay God's plan for you was to own a huge home and not just a home, but also a salary that gives you the resources to maintain the home and the car. His purpose might be for you to bless a family member/stranger/friend with a roof over their head. My whole point, what you pray for, God will answer. Don't stop praying, don't stop trusting and don't stop believing because in due course it will happen. Don't look at your present circumstances, always believe things can turn around. Nothing lasts forever. Bad times always pass. Focus on God and He will make a way.

I can't wait to share the new developments in my life. My blog will change entirely to embrace the new chapter and life that I am entering. But until then, this is Goodbye, I've enjoyed sharing this past chapter of my life with you and I can't wait to share this new phase of my life. 

Until then, it is goodbye but soon to be hello!

Leaving you with love and light

xoxo

A.P.W

Comments

Popular Posts