Black Cinderella




Hello Blogosphere,
Its been awhile since I wrote. Ok I lie, I have a few blogs I've started but never finish it because I have been distracted and out of sorts. But I promise I am back. Back to achieving my goals. After my short hiatus, I am back and I am here to stay.   A lot of has happened but I shall keep it short and simple and save it for another blog.  Today I just want to focus on something I read today that motivated my blog.

As we all know last week, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepped out as a newly engaged couple and black women around the world were rejoicing. We got in!!! We got a black girl in the Palace. I mean I know that she considers herself mixed race but we all know that to the world she is a black woman. She made all our black Cinderella dreams come true ... a black woman can become a princess!!! This woman got Britain's Royal Playboy to settle down and marry her. #Blackgirlmagic at its best. Well we all know it's not about race at the end of the day and every Prince needs his Princess, every King his Queen and it just happens that this prince wanted a Black Princess and we couldn't be happier. My co-worker and I, she happens to be black said that just for the sake of Meghan getting Prince Harry, our bosses need to give us black employees a vacation because we need to represent at the wedding lol. Even if we are not physically there we need a day off to celebrate.



The reason why I think its a big deal for us black women is that ok, wait let me speak for myself. Why I think it is a big deal that Prince Harry is marrying a black woman is because black women are considered the least desirable. Even some of our men would rather date or marry anything but black but then to see a black woman marry into the British Monarchy and not just marry anyone but marry the future King's son. As well as one the world's most eligible bachelors, it allows us to  have hope that we can all find our Prince Charming. Also, that black women are very desirable. At the end of the day, you see women like Eve, Meghan, and many black women who have been able to bag very desirable eligible bachelors regardless of race it gives the ordinary female hope that we all deserve a fairytale ending.

Anyways, if you go on any of these lifestyle websites you are bound to find tons and tons of stories on Meghan Markle and today at work when I had some downtime I decided to browse and I came across an article about Meghan's humble beginnings and how she was a struggling actress. She was so broke she couldn't even afford to get her car door fixed that she had to climb through her car trunk to get into her car. She used to park so far away so nobody will see her climb out of her car. She would go to auditions and be rejected based on her looks, either she wasn't skinny enough or pretty enough or exotic enough or ethnic enough and vice versa. Eventually, she managed to get a job as a briefcase girl on Deal or no deal. In the end, she met someone who told her to go for the natural look. Less makeup more natural and she managed to land her role in 'Suits' and her life blew up from there and the rest is history.



It got me thinking that you know, I know I've constantly talked about how I look at my life and I am nowhere near where I want to be. I am in a job that I don't enjoy but I have to pay bills so I'm hanging on until something better comes along. I am still single and constantly praying for God to bless me with my King.  I can't seem to get that big break I keep praying for and it is frustrating. I look at my life and I feel that I am way behind than most people. I am highly educated, I believe I will make an amazing wife and mother, I believe that career wise I will crush it but what must one do to make it happen?  And Meghan's story inspired me that sometimes in life we have to go through the trenches, we have to have to kiss the frogs, sometimes we have to be in the dead-end jobs, sometimes we have to be so broke we don't even know where money is going to come from because it is what keeps us going. It is what motivates us to not give up because one day it will be all worth it.

Will we all end up with royalty? maybe not, will we have the privilege to be proposed to over roasting chicken? maybe maybe not. Will we get the title of a duchess and spend the rest of our lives doing philanthropic work? Maybe, maybe not. But one thing I can tell you is this, that God has a plan for our life. God knows when our timing will come. He knows the promises He has made to you. He is the one who has placed desires in our hearts and if you have a desire for something and it's a good desire then you know it will be fulfilled. You just have to keep going, keep trusting, keep believing that you will get your heart's desires. You will get that career you've dreamed of, you will meet that man you pray about every night, you will be blessed with children. Sometimes it might not come how you imagined but it will come way better than what you thought it will be.

We can all have our fairytale, if only we keep believing, keep having faith, keep persevering and keep praying. I remember a friend told me once before she became the success she is now, she said one very cold night, she was trekking in the snow without a car, so far from home on her way to see a client. It was really late and the bus she took was not a regular bus. She had to walk 20 mins in the cold to get to the client's home. She was in tears and saying "I know one day I will be successful, all this will pay off." I can tell you today she is extremely successful that she has become my mentor and inspiration for me. 



When we are in the thick of things we don't see the end because its hard to when you are struggling, but I'm telling you and if my father's illness taught me anything, we never thought this difficult time will end. At one point we had just given up and prepared to be sending my dad home in a box, but then we had to shake that negativity off and pray relentlessly, keep persevering and spending every minute in the hospital, praying over him, encouraging each other that this is not the end. Some days we were exhausted and didn't even want to step foot in the hospital but we kept going. We thought there was no end in sight and today I can report that the only evidence of my father's illness is his weight loss and his slow movement but even that he is getting stronger every day. It's almost like these two months didn't happen.

God has a plan, it might not seem like it but He does in the end when its all said in done, He keeps his promises and you can look back and say I never thought this will end but look at me now. I am sure every time Meghan looks back at the time she was jumping out of her car trunk she can only laugh because today she is waking up next to a Prince.

We all go through our Cinderella stage but at the end of the day, no situation last forever. Eventually, you will wear your crown.

Wishing you love and blessings
lots of love
A.P.W

Comments

Popular Posts