Views

Hello Blogosphere,


If you know anything about me you would know that one thing I love is a beautiful view. I get super excited when I can look outside a window, or on a plane that is about to land, or just taking a walk and admiring a beautiful view.  When I do take a moment to look at the sun about to set/rise, admiring the orange and pink hues that paint the sky leaves me longing for the eros type of love that any single person covet.
Visit one of the topmost floors of any tall building of downtown Toronto or driving along on the Gardiner Expressway will show you a view a city you can't get over. Recently, Toronto was named one of the cities with the most beautiful landing views when you are arriving in Toronto. I don't want to sound like a hopeless romantic but a breathtaking view just leaves me in a state of bliss. 
                                                             
Now not only can a beautiful skyscape view, or a setting/rising sun can leave you breathless, but also admiring the view of a perfect couple, admiring someone's beautiful home, looking at someone's life as perfect. But what people don't realize that sometimes infatuating the life of someone else's can often lead you feeling inadequate in your own life.   The reality is people are facing trials and tribulations that will not be put in our line of view. As the saying goes "if the grass looks greener on the other side it most likely astroturf".

A lot of the time we are so quick to want what isn't real, we always look at our life and it is not what we wish it would be. We see the couple who has been together for years and they seem all in love and we don't know that behind all that show there are a lot of lonely nights, misery and pain. I recently watched a reality show on TV. "Temptation  Island", where 3 couples went on an island and they were separated to live in different houses, and in those houses, they had other people there who were supposed to tempt them to see whether they wanted to stay in their relationship or not. By the end of the show, one of the couples who had been together for 10 years broke up. The man chose to walk away because he realized how unhappy he was in the relationship. On the show, he hooked up with another girl, fell in love with her and 6 months later he had asked her to marry him and his girlfriend of 10 years was left single and alone. My point is this, people would see them and think they had the perfect relationship, they would post on social media how happy they were and all they needed was to be apart for a month and everything fell apart.

I am learning to enjoy the view of my life. All its ebbs and ways. I am learning that it's ok to admire the view of someone else's life and use it as a motivation to go after my own view. I can say this, as much as I may not have the perfect view, I have people who wish they could be where I am in life. I communicate with some of my former co-workers and they are constantly telling me how they wish they were on the other side of the fence where I am. As opposed to being at work because of how difficult work has become these past few weeks. Life sometimes is funny, you think you are being singled out, but God is removing you from a situation that will end up causing you more harm than good.
                                                         
I can tell you one of my guilty pleasures; going on a walk and trying to catch a glimpse to see if I could see through someone's window and see how they have decorated their home, or what lives are they living in homes. I remember walking in Brooklyn NYC a few years ago with my friend I was visiting and looking at brownstones and wondering what rich person lived there and how they lived. I know we all love to drive in rich neighbourhoods and pick the house we wish we could buy if we had the money. The truth is, some of those homes are missing things that we have, i.e love, peace, faithfulness, honesty, joy et al. It is often said a rich man barely sleeps at night because he is afraid someone might break in and rob him whereas a poor man sleeps soundly because he has nothing worth stealing.

Let me wrap up my long-winded blog, final words or should I say paragraph. There is nothing wrong stopping to admire a beautiful view. It all adds up to the beauty of the world we live in, but the truth is, staring at it for too long may cause feelings of envy, insufficiency, inadequacy, lack of self-worth and the beat goes on. Enjoy it, celebrate it and keep on moving. Go out there create your own views, create your own happiness. A few years ago there was the Bow Wow challenge which sprouted from Bow Wow pretending to be travelling on a private jet, only to be discovered travelling commercial and coach. The truth is a lot of people will create a view to obtaining the likes on social media but behind the likes, it's just a facade. So instead of focusing on someone's astroturf, just water your grass, pick out the weeds, feed it some mulch and see how beautiful your grass will look. Then share your knowledge with others so they understand that in order to get the view you desire a lot of work is needed to accomplish it.
 
Sending you love and light
xoxo
A.P.W


Comments

Popular Posts