Holding onto your truth

Hello Blogosphere,


It's been a while since I shared anything to do with my love life or lack thereof. Well, the dating game has been quite interesting. I have to be honest there are days when I question whether my standards are too high? The man I desire does he exist.  Am I holding myself back because the men who approach me are not reflecting the kind of man I am praying for?

 I'm learning that your 'one' may not come how you picture him and God will bring you a partner that will come in the raw state and you have to work on the relationship for it to become what you desire.  Some days  I wonder that if what I'm learning is actually the truth.  I've harped on this for some time now that I'm willing to practice the wait. Some days I feel I am crazy for desiring to wait. Some days I believe that it's easier said when you are single and not dating but it's a different story when you are dating and there is an obvious attraction


                 



                                
Anyways I recently was put in a predicament that had me reconsidering my decision. I was put in a position where I was made to feel that I was being unreasonable and at that point, I wanted to reconsider my stance. 




 I spoke to a few people who are close to me and even got a male perspective and he said do not compromise your values and standards for a guy who is making this you feel you are being unreasonable.  Yes, not all men are willing to practice the wait especially if they have had a taste of the 'forbidden fruit'  It is often referenced that before you buy a car you take it out for a test drive before considering purchasing a vehicle.  But, what if I am lax on my stance and let a man test drive? The risk is he either makes the purchase or he realizes it doesn't drive the way he wants and goes off to meet a far more suitable for his need.  I was advised that if I chose to give it up; I  must make sure it is with someone who wants to go the long haul. Instead of someone who is just trying to see how he can get to break my vow and then run after he gets what he wants.  Thankfully a few of my girlfriends and male friends have said this, your faith is strong in God and you know and believe that God can bring you a man who is willing to wait. But giving into sex will just give God the impression you don't trust Him to bring you the right man who will honour your vow.




The truth is I want to wait for marriage. That would be my ideal situation. I also know God can bring me the right man when he is ready, but the truth is a modern day woman with hormones and feelings sometimes its not always easy to wait.


Sending love and light
xoxo
A.P.W

Comments

Popular Posts