Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake



Happy April ya'll,
We made it to the fourth month of the year. Indeed it is a blessing to have made it this far and I hope and pray we all make it to the end of the year God willing!!!

Anyways so I am not here to talk about April, that is not my focus today. My focus is actually on something that I truly love and it is on my mind 24/7. And I mean 24/7. Even when I dream I dream about it at least every night. It is crazy. The love of my life food.  It is crazy, you would think with all the new diets and how we need to eat less, I would stop eating, but I wake up thinking of what I am going to eat during the day, I think about what I am going to eat the next day when I am going to bed. I go to sleep and I dream that I am eating. It is insane how much I love food. And yes I can throw down in the kitchen if I'm allowed to toot my own horn. Toot Toot!! but you would think I spend all day eating or cooking but I don't.  I enjoying following a lot of food pages on Instagram. My Pinterest is mostly filled with food. It is phenomenal how much food consumes me.  In Ghana, growing up if you loved to eat you were nicknamed a "foodian". I hated it when people called me that because it didn't help that I was a roly-poly kid but then when the kids called me a foodian it sounded like a  confirmation as to why I was a chubby one. Now as an adult we call it being a "foodie" and it is chic to be called a foodie because it means you have a sophisticated palette and you are not a picky eater and are open minded about your food choices.
Let me tell you why I decided to write about my love for food. I go to the gym today. Yes, I actually do go but mostly just on Mondays because I go to my spinning class. I am sitting on my bike pedalling waiting for the class to start and I look around and I see all these women on the bike leisurely riding and I look down and I see their flat tummies. You know how you sit down and we all get a little bit of a pudge, well slim people have a little bit of a pudge and those of us with big bellies it looks like our tummies is an appendage of its own. Well, these girls didn't even have that little pudge. It was washboard abs. It was almost intimidating. So I kept adjusting my shirt and tucking in my stomach, but then I end up looking like Popeye after he had had a can of spinach, flat tummy extra bulging shoulders and arms. I am sure I turned grey from breathing in. I just kept looking round and round and all these flat tummies and I was like what the hell! Until a lady who was on the heavier side came in and I saw her also looking around and I was wondering was she thinking the same thing I was thinking or did she see me and qualify me as one of the skinny ones, a part of me was wishing she was thinking that way.
This past weekend, I went out to dinner with my sister and our friends and in the car, we were talking about different body types. Endomorphs, ectomorphs whatever morphs. I mean now there is a name to say what your body type is. All I know is that there those of us who gain weight from just breathing air and there are those people who can eat a whole cow and still look like they haven't eaten at all. I mean sometimes I ask God, I'm like you know what I am grateful that you made me, I know I am a beautiful woman, thanks for the big breast because there are many who have to pay to get breast, thanks for the semi-decent sized bum, but like seriously, you know both my parents were slimmer as young people why couldn't I have had a slimmer body and not struggle. I mean like really, If I want to lose weight I gotta work my butt off to lose weight and eat all these foods, like Kale. Like seriously, growing up we didn't' have kale. Who all of a sudden saw the kale plant and said ooh I am going to make people eat kale. Yoo like for real, Kale no matter what you do to it, it doesn't taste great. Yeah yeah yeah it's healthy, but even when you blend it in a smoothie it never really blends completely, even in a salad it just doesn't taste great no matter how much dressing you drench it in. I mean seriously, but if I want to lose weight, Kale has to be my best friend. It would have been nice, to have a naturally beautiful backside, nice firm perky boobs, a small snatched waist and a belly that made the late Aaliyah jealous. (Side note, how many of you dreamed of having the Aaliyah belly growing up? I mean talk about tummy goals!) I can eat all the foods I eat and never have my belly get big. But no!!! I've had to be a girl who will always be conscious of what I eat and calorie count, and eat Kale and quinoa and drink lots of water just to maintain and even that my body just sees it as food and stores it as fat.
Now I don't want to come off as complaining, but I'm beginning to think that in your 30s we all get the weight issues. Even Beyonce struggles with her weight. Y'all remember was it last year or the year before she did the 21 days a vegan?There are days Beyonce looks like she has put on a few pounds and some days she looks like she lost weight. Even our dear Rih Rih, pon de replay she was this tight skinny girl and now the new Rih Rih has finally put on a bit of the late 20s weight we all put on in our 20s. I don't mean to sound like a hater but its like we all secretly rejoice when we see the very slim girl who had the tiny waist and flat tummy and no swiss rolls in her back finally get a bit of weight gain. It's almost a way to justify that there ain't nothing wrong with us because everyone gains weight.
I ain't going to lie, I want to be able to enjoy the flat tummy, not the six-pack kind of tummy because that's too much work and too much depravity. But at least you know a woman in her 30s who takes good care of herself that can get away without wearing Spanx. You know, exercise, eat right but can enjoy a nice juicy burger with fries and a nice cold drink and finish it off with a nice piece of chocolate cake and a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream with whipped cream on the side. I wish I could go into a store and not worry about buying tops that hide the bulge. Look, I ain't stupid I know it is all attainable, but did ya'll not read that |I dream about food so sometimes giving up favourite things are difficult. I mean I know I can and I have done it before and currently in my household, we are not eating gluten and no red meat. Like the no red meat thing I don't mind but come on now have you eaten anything gluten free? Best believe it is not great. Gluten free bread is disgusting, gluten free anything is not great. I mean I understand those who have celiac disease cannot eat gluten but since when did gluten become an enemy. I think that at the grocery store you should show a card or something to prove you have an intolerance to gluten before they let you buy gluten free if not it should be considered illegal not to eat gluten. Honestly, I haven't seen a difference between being gluten free and gluten. My belly ain't gone down if anything it looks bigger. I think I have an intolerance to lack of gluten lol.

Anyways in all seriousness, when I was younger, tendancyI didn't think in my 30s I would still be struggling with my weight, but then I guess it is some of the things most of us struggle with, unless we are constantly working out or we are the lucky bastards to be born with super high metabolisms tendency not to gain weight, but for those of us who gain weight the minute the wind blows I understand the struggle. But you know what? at least remember you are not alone, even those who can't gain weight struggle to gain weight so they can look like these Instagram models who have the perfect photoshopped bodies.

Anyways, eat the gluten, have the dairy, have the fun stuff but throw in some kale, quinoa and also some exercise and then it will be a perfect balance. But for now, I will go back to my gluten free life (yuck) and pray that my belly will finally get the memo and bounce or else I may have to pay Dr Miami a visit.

Sending you gluten filled love
xoxo
A.P.W

Comments

Popular Posts