From 0 to a 1000


Good evening Blogosphere,
After a series of rainy gloomy days, it is finally a sunny day but the weather man has already threatened us with heavy rainfall for the rest of the week. I was hoping this weekend the sun will be out and we can walk the streets. I have a street festival to attend but if the rain does come through then there go my plans for Saturday. Anywhoo what can we do?  Soon enough summer will be here and we will be enjoying the patio days, the warm sun, the beach weather and the half naked people walking the streets.

Today I just wanted to give a testimony. It is amazing how timing really is important. We live in a world where we want instant gratification. We do not want to wait in line. We do not want to have to wait a minute for our food. We want messages delivered instantly. There are memes out that women who break up with their men because they do not respond to their messages instantly so they start to think their man is cheating only for him to respond a minute later. We go to restaurants and they tell us it is a 15min wait and we are willing to sacrifice a good meal for a mediocre meal just so we can be seated right away.  Today I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items to make dinner. Because I had just four items I went to the express line. Well this lady because she doesn't want to stand in the regular line because the line was longer, she decides to use the express line albeit she had more than the required amount of items. She ends up wasting those of us with little items because the cashier had to scan her whole basket full of stuff.  I was irritated but then at the end of the day what was I in a rush to do? I mean I still cussed her out in my head but thinking about it I still got served and left the store. Now if I had to rush home then it woulda been an issue. But my point is, that we want things done now!!!

Well as you guys all know, I have been unemployed for over a year. Trust me this was the longest I have had to wait for anything. Ok I lie, I'm still waiting for a man but that's another story but there are days I'm like damn I'm tired of waiting. I mean what must I do just to get a job? I mean do I have to go knocking on doors asking to see the CEO and offer myself sexually? Clearly, my skills are not enough, my experience is not enough, even my connections is not enough so what must I do?

Last week I realised that timing is really everything, I look back at my journey of this job hunt and I have had small bites here and there but nothing to reel in. But, there have been events in my life that I think that needed my full attention that if I had a job it would have taken my attention from it. And you know what? Sometimes we don't understand how God works. If we all saw what God saw we would slow down and just take a chill pill.

Two weeks ago my bestie came to town from England. It was her first trip to Toronto ever so you can imagine how excited I was. I had planned so many activities for her and I wanted to make sure her first trip to Toronto was memorable. She told me a month prior to her coming that she was planning on coming to visit. Although I was extremely excited; I was also worried. I was worried that when she came and I was working what would I do? Obviously, I can't ask for time off especially when I had just begun.I just said you know what if it comes to that we will figure something out. Anyways she came and I hadn't gotten a job so everything worked out. But, as her visit was drawing to an end,
I started to worry that I still wasn't getting any leads for jobs so when she leaves am I going back to this life of no job and nothing to do. I was praying that whilst she was around I would get some leads so once she left I would be going into a job but then it did not seem like the case.

The day after she left, my siblings decided to talk to me about my job search. They started telling me to do all these things that I had already done. Everything they were telling me was redundant but I chose to listen and just agree with them. As they were speaking to me I was almost in tears because I felt so lost and confused. I have done everything I could possibly think of; I mean I have applied for jobs even those which I am extremely overqualified for and nothing. The only thing left was prostitution or stripping and even then I do not think I would be able to pull even dollar coins.

Anyways at that moment, I just said God I give up. I don't know what else I have to do. I've tried everything, and nothing has worked. I have contacted everyone I possibly know and those I do not know. I even put it up on facebook that I am job hunting and although I had a few people help nothing has come up. What do I do? Like really God I give it up. I leave it in your hands because clearly, I do not have a clue. I surrender it all to you. I thank you for looking after me during this time but I seriously what's up God. Speak to me!!!! All of a sudden I just heard something say put it on Instagram and on facebook again. This time put it in a group that I belong to on facebook. The Black Toronto Community. Just put it up. So I looked for a picture on google that said I'm looking for a job wrote a blurb underneath and put it on Instagram and facebook. I kid you not, within seconds, the responses I got. From those reposting it on their page just so that they could expand my job search to their networks, to those who were sending me words of encouragement. From people, I hadn't spoken to in years reach out and tagging their friends to see if they could help. On the facebook page I kid you not, I sat behind the laptop for hours responding to all the help I was receiving. The responses were so overwhelming at one point I just wanted to turn off my laptop. People I have never met or know, that came to my aid. I was soo surprised. My siblings and my friends posted it on their pages too and the responses were just amazing. You have no idea. The help that came from all over. To this day I am still getting responses from people. I had strangers sending me voice notes on facebook to encourage me. I had those who were telling me once I get a job they will take me out for drinks to celebrate. I just couldn't fathom the help I was receiving.



The next morning before I even got out of bed I called my mom to tell her. She was almost in tears. The first thing she said was why didn't you do that before? All this time why didn't you do that, and I said I have put it on my facebook before and nothing but I believe that God was like it's not yet time yet so although I had done it before it wasn't God's time
I haven't gotten a job yet but I can assure you that with all the help I have received I am 1000%sure  that I will have a job really soon. And trust me you will be hearing about it.

I just want to tell you the readers this especially people who have been struggling for years and waiting for something to happen. Do not lose faith, keep doing what you are doing, but then ask God to take control of everything you are doing. Ask for guidance but most importantly ask for wisdom and patience. Because when it is your time you are going to be overwhelmed with all the blessings you are going to wonder why. You are going to go on your knees and Praise God. Every time I tell people what happened, they are amazed. It has made them see things differently.  Let me tell you this, do not look at the world around you and feel you are behind. Do not feel like you haven't achieved success because you are not putting in the work or the time. Nothing happens over night, yes when it's your time it will seem like an overnight success but people do not realise the time you had to wait to get there. What you had to go through. Do you think Bill Gates and the likes woke up one morning and gained instant success? Bill Gates did not wake up one morning go to his garage build his first computer sold it and became a billionaire the same day. No, it took him a long time and eventually it happened. We only hear the end result, not the beginning and the middle.  At the right time with perseverance, hard work and patience everything will align. God will send the right people your way to make sure you get to where you need to be.

I had a conversation with a group of friends a few weeks ago. We went to brunch and one of my friends is experiencing a life changing event in her life. It is a good life changing event. And she told us that it is so funny how her life seemed quiet for awhile. All that she wanted wasn't happening. It was silent and then all of a sudden, things just accelerated. She said I haven't even had a chance to catch my breath. It went from nothing to everything. And just experiencing what I just experienced I totally can relate to what she was saying that day. I went from dead silence to so much movement I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I told my bestie before she left that watch, the very next day after you leave I am going to get responses for job opportunities.  Lo and behold it did happen.

Speak life into your life guys. When you speak and believe it and just sit back and chill. Go about your business. Live your life, don't let your situation stop you from living. I remember my uncle told me. He said just because you are unemployed doesn't mean you shouldn't go out and have fun. Don't sit there and say I don't have money so I am going to sit at home. Go out and enjoy and don't worry about how you will find the money. You will. And best believe, when I go out, I've been blessed that I have had things taken care of. My bills have been paid, sometimes I go out and I have friends and family volunteering to pay for my meals. I have had money appear into my account when I least expected it. I have never had to borrow or ask but somehow I have survived.

Anyways, the response I got from my social media post looking for a job, I'm almost tempted to put up the same post for a man. I wonder if I will get an equally overwhelming response lol. Nah I will let God take care of that. Unless He tells me to do the same then l expect a post on that but if not then well just like I've waited for a job, I will wait for the man.

Anyways Empire is on let me go see what Cookie and Luscious are on about tonight.
Waiting is important, you do not realise what God is preparing you for and when you are patience you will see how God will bless you overwhelmingly.

Sending you love and blessings
Lots of Love
xoxo
A.P.W

Comments

Popular Posts